16 SEMI FINALISTS ANNOUNCED FOR 2ND ANNUAL FARM TO TABLE CHEFS TASTE CHALLENGE
Fan vote on Facebook will decide the 10 chefs competing in the August 19th event in New Orleans
Easy tweet: 2nd Annual @F2TChallenge is urging fans to visit the #CTC16 Facebook page 5/20-5/26 to decide which 10 chef finalists will compete in 2016!
New Orleans, La. (May 17, 2016) – Sixteen chefs from across the country have been announced as semi-finalists for the 2nd annual Farm to Table Chefs Taste Challenge (CTC), taking place August 19th at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Beginning May 20th, the semi-finalists will have one week to solicit votes on the CTC Facebook page for their chance to compete.
- Nicholas Calias, The Colonnade Hotel & Brasserie Jo
- Henry Chandler, Henry’s Louisiana Grill
- Eric Cook, American Sector
New Orleans, LA
- Bryan Gregg, Escape Montclair
- Xavier Grenet, L’Olivier Restaurant
Santa Fe, NM
- Thomas Hartwell, Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder Resort
Santa Fe, NM
- Mark Henry, Brother Luck Street Eats
- Blake Jackson, Drake Catering
- Clint Jolly, Great Thyme Catering
- Alexa Lemley, 240sweet Artisan Foodworks
- Leonardo Maurelli, III, Ariccia Trattoria at The Hotel at University of Auburn
- Chef Pum, Plumluvfoods
- David Ruiz, Pueblo Harvest Café
- Jeff Scheer, The Mill House
- Stephen Williams, Bouquet Restaurant
- Lee Anne Wong, KH Restaurants
The semi-finalists were chosen from various geographical regions across the United States through a national search. The number of Facebook “Likes” and “Shares” will be an important factor in naming the final ten chefs who will be invited to compete at the Chefs Taste Challenge. Voting ends Thursday, May 26, at 11:59 p.m. Finalists will be announced June 1st.
Finalists will compete to create the best dish that utilizes farm-fresh items from a pantry of both seasonal local ingredients and products donated by State Agricultural Departments. The dishes will be judged by a panel of industry-renowned judges and attendees who will vote on a “Fan Favorite.”
The Chefs Taste Challenge will be held in conjunction with the 4th annual Farm to Table Experience (F2Te), August 18-20 at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Tickets for the Chefs Taste Challenge will go on sale _______.
Website and Social Media Links:
About The Farm to Table Experience (F2Te)
The Farm to Table Experience (F2Te) is the premier annual gathering in the south exploring cultivation, distribution, and consumption of food and drink sourced locally. This is a rebranding of the Farm to Table International Symposium that has brought hundreds to New Orleans since 2013. This year’s theme, “Food for Thought,” will celebrate where our food and beverages originate from through tastings, interactive gardening and cooking demos, hands-on workshops, educational sessions, social events, and more.