Finalists Announced for 2nd Annual Farm to Table Chefs Taste Challenge
Registration Now Open for August 19 Event in New Orleans
Ten chefs from across the country have been announced as finalists for the second annual Farm to Table Chefs Taste Challenge (CTC), which takes place August 19, 2016 at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
- Nicholas Calias, The Colonnade Hotel & Brasserie Jo
- Henry Chandler, Henry’s Louisiana Grill
- Eric Cook, American Sector
New Orleans, LA
- Mark Henry, Brother Luck Street Eats
- Clint Jolly, Great Thyme Catering
- Alexa Lemley, 240sweet Artisan Foodworks
- Leonardo Maurelli, III, Ariccia Trattoria at The Hotel at University of Auburn
- Chef Plum, Plumluvfoods
- David Ruiz, Pueblo Harvest Café
- Lee Anne Wong, KH Restaurants
The ten chefs will compete to create the best dish that utilizes farm-fresh items from a pantry of seasonal ingredients donated by state agricultural departments and other sources. Items stocked in the pantry will be in-season from regions across the country at the time of the competition.
Participating chefs’ dishes will be judged by a panel of industry-renowned judges.
Confirmed judges include:
- Gary Prell, Vice President Culinary Development, Centerplate;
- Izabela Wojcik, Director of House Programming, The James Beard Foundation;
- Chef Nedra Harris, Author and Former “Hell’s Kitchen” Competitor
The top two dishes will be selected for Gold and Silver Chefs Taste Challenge awards. A “Fan Favorite” award will also be presented based on voting from dinner attendees. All ten selected chefs will receive national recognition for their participation in the Chefs Taste Challenge dinner event.
Early bird ticket rates (good through July 7) for the Chefs Taste Challenge start at $99 and include tastings of the menus prepared by the competing chefs, wine/beer pairings, and a voting card to determine a “fan favorite” dish.
Limited upgraded “Foodie” and “Gourmet” experiences and sponsorships are also available and includes all benefits mentioned above, plus exclusive perks. More information: http://chefstastechallenge.com/tickets/